Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Other Crafts

I thought I might share some of the other crafts that I do besides polymer clay charms. These are things I have done or are working.

  • Painting wooden animals - I get the wooden toy animals from Michaels and try to paint them to look as close to the real animals as possible.

  • Quilting - I don't know much about quilting. My Granny use to quilt all the time, but I didn't take the time to learn from her when she was still alive. Now I have to teach myself. I am working on making a small quilt for my cat to lay on.

One of Granny's Quilts

  • Soap making - Right now I am just making melt and pour soap so that I can get the hang of color and scent concentrations. Besides it is very easy to make and almost instant gratification. I am planning to learn to make my own soap in the future.

  • Tangles - I apparently have been drawing tangles for most of my life, but it didn't have a name for it. I just put different textures inside of pictures. I am interested in zen tangles and have been learning to do some of the official ones and working on some drawings using them.

Beginnings of a tangle


I plan to do future blog posts about each of these individual crafts and others that I have not listed. I hope you will come back to see what else I have been up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment