Friday, November 14, 2014

Spider Deterrent

My Mini Me is afraid of spiders. She is so afraid of them that she can't even bring herself to get close enough to kill one. We have found a solution to our spider problem.
Photo by K. Langberg


Peppermint oil. 

Yes, peppermint oil. Spiders do not like peppermint oil. It won't kill them. It just deters them.

Steps:
  1. Put 10 to 15 drops of peppermint oil in a spray bottle
  2. Fill the spray bottle with water
  3. Spray doorways and window sills 
I have seen a significantly lower amount of spiders in my house. Another suggestion for using the peppermint is to soak a cotton ball in the oil, put it in a small dish in the area the spiders are coming in and reapply the oil ever two weeks. I have heard putting chestnuts in your house keeps them away, but I have never tried it.

Do you have any natural or frugal ways of getting rid of spiders? Other than squishing them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment