Tuesday, October 21, 2014

DIY: Menu Board

 You can make a  Menu Board to keep up with the weekly meals for a few reasons:
  1. Things don't get lost in the refrigerator
  2. Easy meal planning
  3. Easy shopping list creation
 I tried different ways of keeping track. White board, piece of paper, print outs, calendars, winging it.... but I decided on this board that I made myself.  

I did not come up with this idea, but I thought is was a great one for my family. You can find the beautiful and original idea at CG Dickson [the blog]. She gives instructions on creating your own Menu Board.


I did a few things differently. Instead of using lamination on my meal cards, I used packing tape. I didn't bother with putting the days of the week on the clothespins, because I like having choices and not a completely set menu.


Also I used drink mix boxes instead of crayon boxes. On the back of my meal cards, I also included the location of recipes if needed.


. The only thing I bought for this project was the picture frame. Use what you have and alter it to your needs

Happy Menu Board making.

No comments:

Post a Comment