Sunday, October 12, 2014

How to Create a Smokey Cauldron

This year, my family and I decided to try to put together a display for Halloween. We have chosen to create a witch's potions area at our front door.

I needed a cauldron, of course. I found this one at our local home improvement store.The opening is about 12 inches in diameter. 

 

Next put orange lights at the bottom of the pot to simulate fire. You could the cauldron on some logs or build a fake fire pit for it. I may end up doing something like that in the future.



I put a bowl at the bottom of the cauldron to hold up the smaller cauldron that is about 10 inches in diameter.


I picked up this mini mist maker at one of those Halloween stores that pop up around this time of year. It has led lights in it that change color. I may cut a hole in the side of the small cauldron to hide the power cord better. I then poured water in until the mist maker started working.


 Turn on the mini lights, turn off the over head lights and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment